Sunday, July 27, 2003

I recently began a class in meditation given by Rabbi Dr. Alan Brill. If you would like to get a taste of his methodology for meditation, check out a class he gave at last summer's CAJE conference.

I recommend, if you would like to try out meditation, that since it is broken into various small sections, sit with each part of the technique, learn it, practice it and then move on to the next one. However, let me leave you with a word of caution. If you have never done meditation before, you might not want to do this alone, with no one else around. At the same time, the technique is simple to pick up, though might be hard to master. I am still working on it, so all I can tell you is that practice is the key. Also, it will really help one's outlook, even temporarily. At the very least, it is a good method for relaxation, something we all need in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home