Wednesday, January 12, 2005

My brother sent me a link to this article from the Jerusalem Post about the newly formed Sanhedrin. They recently met to discuss the issues of establishing a Jewish monarchy in the state of Israel and of what to do with the Temple Mount. While this might be a noble gesture, I am hard pressed to understand how further strife within Israel is going to help the situation. One could argue that if these things occur, the other problems Israel faces will go away. However, I would think that to be relying on a miracle. Besides, if there is no peace within Israel, how can the Messianic age actually be said to begin. I might be naive, but I would like to see people getting along before I see a Jewish king who will most likely become the leader of the anti-government crowd, which might lead to bloodshed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home