Sunday, June 26, 2005

This evening, I had the opportunity to hear one of the renowned international תלמידי חכמים, Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz, who spoke at Congregation Ahavas Achim in Highland Park, NJ. He is currently promoting a new book, We Jews : Who Are We and What Should We Do.

Rabbi Steinsaltz spoke about the need to find our lost brethren, not the lost tribes, but all those Jews assimilated in the world. He referred to them as the 5th son of the הגדה, which is a direct reference to the famous דרש by Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, זצ"ל about the 4 sons and the 5th who doesn't even show up. We need to cause our meta-family to not just be continuous and remain in existence, but to grow, one person at a time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan, I'm over here in Hawaii on vacation and found a nice internet connection. I started searching blogs to get some ideas for my rash guard site, and fell into this excellent blog you have here. When I came on vacation I knew I'd get to surf the net, but I didn't think I'd get treat like this. The only good blogs are ones with owners like you, actually putting energy into them. Okay, just wanted to say hi and 'you're awesome' - better get back to my rash guard research...

good day ~~~

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan, this has got to stop! People like you are doing a great job on their blogs yet people still manage to junk them up with spammy comments. I've given up, one of my blogs is getting destroyed with the clutter of these comments. Oh well, I guess there's still a lot to enjoy. My rashguards site is starting to be a better investment of my time. It's easy to maintain, there's a lot of information on rashguards out there so I'm not having much trouble there. I don't know what to do... You're doing such a great job and I wish my blogs were like yours!

Thanks for letting me post.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home